Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Firsts: Caterpillars, Tubs, & Splash Parks (July part 2)

 One summer evening in July, Jeff decided to grill some beer-in-the-butt chicken. A clever ploy to buy some Shiner? Perhaps, yes...but at least he was the one cooking that night. While Jeff  began cooking the birds, I attempted feeding our picky eater.  After eating half of his dinner, Mason somehow convinced me it would be a good idea to let him hold the spoon & bowl himself. This was all well & good (& I think he might have even put the spoon in his mouth once) until he decided to pour his oatmeal & blueberry applesauce all over his tray. Being the terrible mother I am, I ended that party....you can see his reaction from the pictures that follow. We got cleaned up & joined Jeff outdoors for some swinging (& calming down) while waiting for the birds to be ready.  Luckily for us, Jeff discovered a plump green caterpillar.  I loved Mason's reaction to it.


 

 
 
 
Jeff got to test out his new grilling gloves. He did not suffer any burns, so apparently they work! The second photo is his "just open the door and put down that blasted camera" pose.

 It was delicious.  Portions in this picture are smaller than they appear. I couldn't have possibly piled that many potatoes onto my plate.
 As if the sighting of one's first caterpillar wasn't enough excitement for one day, Mason got the honors that evening of taking the first bath in the new tub of the finally finished remodeled bathroom! It is so nice to have it done, but now our master bathroom looks even more like some sad gas station or motel restroom.  Maybe it's not that bad. Perhaps I exaggerate, but I will say that the toilet is eschew & does jolt each time you sit on it.  The master bedroom, bath & closet remodel are next on the agenda for our money pit. 
 



 
 We met up with our playgroup at a local splash park.
 Benefits of the splash park: FREE, being outdoors (his favorite), water, being outdoors, & the exhaustion & extra long nap that followed that afternoon.  The tired was already in his eyes when I buckled him in the car to head home.
 
 My mega flash belies the fact that this picture was taken in the dark at nap time that day. I guess this is a comfortable way to sleep?

No comments:

Post a Comment