Wednesday, April 20, 2011

a prelude to Easter


Mason received an early Easter surprise from Nonnie & Papa Lou in the mail. He kept putting his hand on the box as if he knew it was for him.  He loved all the surprises except for some terrifying little wind-up egg people that were included.  He freaked out each time we showed them to him, even when they weren't moving. I'll sound like a mean mommy here, but honestly it was hil-ar-ious to watch.
Can I open it mommy? Can I?


Yes, he reads his own cards.






 

Creepy egg people: Harmless looking yes, but apparently not to Mason.




 
 Mason attended his first Easter egg hunt at Baylor to test out his new basket. He "found" a few good eggs...1 Thomas the Train egg (with little train inside) & 2 play-dough bunny eggs. I saw a few kids actually throw the play-dough eggs back down....I guess they had candy hopes. We will definitely have to go back next year when his egg hunting skills have improved.

 
Thanks Grandma for working at Baylor!
Figure this one out....little plastic, smiley-faced egg people= terror-inducing....large, moving, talking, fuzzy, bunny creature=totally fine.
Some fellow egg hunters enjoying the fact that their grandma works at Baylor too!
Godzilla Mason...luckily there weren't any skyscrapers around for him to smash.

 He loves to laugh & play peek-a-boo through the rails of his crib. He'll look down at you like this, then pull up to look over the railing,  & then crack up laughing (maybe from this perspective it looks like we're the ones that are trapped instead of him).


No comments:

Post a Comment