I am still playing catch up from this summer....but figuring that it's Fall now, I guess better get moving. I would just skip ahead & say "FUGEDABOUTIT"...but I'm planning to use this blog to fill in his baby book....& nope, nothing is written in it yet. We had a great time with his 1st birthday party & promised ourselves that his 2nd party wouldn't be so big (but you only turn ONE once, right?). For months prior to the big day, Jeff thought I was crazy for saving Mason's diaper boxes to paint monsters for his party. He was on board for the idea though when I told him the only things I'd need to buy for the decorations were a packet of googly eyes, a little felt, & some tissue paper. I ended up painting one girl monster, because every gang o' monsters needs a "Smurfette". Cue the Oscar music: I'd like to thank everyone who made this party possible....Jeff for cooking up some delicious brisket & sausuage, Nanaw (mom) for making the monster cakes, beans & potato salad & co-making the birthday banner!; Aunt Lindsey & Cousin Katie for baking a dozen or so monster-head cakeballs; G-Bub for hunting down chairs & hauling them over; Aunt Lindsey again, for painting the blue mustache monster (she gets two mentions because she would have pointed out that I neglected to credit her for helping to paint monsters), Aunt Becca for fluffing tissue puff balls to hang & chasing Mason around; Nonnie for getting the sticky goo off of the outside of the baby food jars for the party favors & also helping to chase Mason around; Uncle Keith for bringing the ice & the cool factor to the party; Uncles Ben & Gary for washing out the coolers & assembling the bubble machine; & Papa Lou for giving our Mason a birthday blessing"....if I forgot someone, blame it on the music getting louder. I was out of time & being escorted from the stage (Lindsey is rolling her eyes now & saying aloud what a dork of a sister she has...you know you love me! & you should just be glad I finally posted something again.) Thanks again to everyone who came to party with Mason!
Mason wasn't too interested in opening all of his gifts, but he did want to help Katie with the record keeping aspect of the process. (Like his father he was no where to be found when it came time to write the thank you notes.) He really preferred to spend his time looking out the window. Thankfully there were two 4 year olds at the party eager to help open some presents.
The transporting of Mason's smash cake looked funny to me...like the little orange guy had been injured & was being airlifted out via spatula.
I'm thinking next year will be a 'no gift please' kind of party. He'll still be trying to play with all the ones he got for turning one.
a dozen?! give us a little more cred than that! it was AT LEAST 4 dozen!! now...4 dozen might not have made it to the party because we ate a few before, but we still made at least 4 doz!
ReplyDeleteAnd you forgot to give me props for cutting out the "confetti"!!!!!!
ReplyDelete