Jeff & Mason each got their own personal cakes a few weekends ago. I was feeling left out until I remembered that I HATE cake! I think they're pretty, but please don't make me eat any! The only bite of cake I've had in decades was a smidgen sized nibble at our wedding...only because I figured it was bad luck NOT to eat it. It must have been a wise move because 3 years later, we're still married! I'm sure it was that little crumb of cake that has held our marriage together. Back to the blog at hand...Jeff turned the big 3-0 & we had Mason's baptism the same weekend. Oh, forgot to mention that Jeff also got pneumonia on that Friday of the big weekend (pat on my back again for convincing him to actually GO to the doctor...not an easy task). Jeff's untimely illness caused our guest list to drop by about 20 people...wimps...scared of a little pneumonia! I am only joking. It was wise to stay away. The main problem with this was we had 20 fewer people to devour the feast we had planned. We did manage to eat off the leftovers during the following week. I'm feeling like being all too honest right now. I will admit that the crock pot dish of beans is still sitting in our fridge. I suppose we've both avoided the enviable task of cleaning it out. Perhaps I can tackle that tomorrow. I will keep you posted. I know the deplorable condition of our Frigidaire is of high concern to all of you....although I'm not sure anyone actually reads what I write as much as they just peruse this blog for Mason pictures.
| ![]() | ||
Clearly I am a blogspert (blogging expert). I can't figure out why these two photos are turned sideways.
I had been looking forward to this part of the baptism. Father Raj introduces the baby at the start of church & then holds him/her up Lion King style. Can't you just hear the intro music from the Lion King? I LOVE Mason's face in this picture. He looks a little freaked out. Wouldn't you be if suddenly you were hoisted high into the air & a whole throng of strangers began banging their hands together? What does all that noise even mean? The little guy did exceptionally well at church that night...unlike his usual church performances. I was really dreading sitting on the front row with him. The mere idea of sprinting out of church from the FRONT ROW with him screaming in my arms had been a source of stress for weeks leading up to this event. After a bottle at the beginning of church he spent the rest of church passed out in my arms as shown in many of the pictures below. The boy didn't even bother to wake up when Father Raj poured the holy water over his head. I think his helmet of hair shielded his scalp from even feeling it. He did wake up at the very end of the baptism & didn't seem to appreciate a crowd of people standing around staring at him. It was then that we learned that Father Raj is a baby whisperer of sorts. I told him that from then on I would bring Mason up to him during church to quiet the crying. He laughed and said okay. I don't think he's going to think it very funny when I actually do it sometime during church. Can you imagine the stares!?!
![]() |
| Godparents: Aunt Lindsey & Uncle Keith |
| Notice the emergency plug at the ready! |
| Slept right through it! I thought for sure we'd solicit a screech at this point. |
| The baby whisperer at work! |
| Geez mom, you're embarrassing me! |
| Miraculously we didn't lose any shoes while we were in church. |
| He didn't wear the bonnet, but I thought we should get at least one picture in it. |
| I don't think Uncle Keith likes him very much! |


No comments:
Post a Comment