Wednesday, August 18, 2010

July 20, 2010 2:37 pm: Mason Paul Artho makes his fashionably late entrance!

9 pounds 9 ounces  22 inches 
The L&D nurse had predicted 7 lbs 9oz. Unfortunately she was off by a mere 2 pounds.  The doctor & nurses were taking bets before they put Mason on the scale.  As I was fighting blacking out due to blood loss, I heard their weight wagers floating about the room.  Again I will say thank you to the epidural man and also to the doctor for uttering a word that will forever hold a special place in my heart: VACUUM. Without either of these medical marvels, we would have ended up in the c-section room. Considering he was one day shy of being a week late, I was just glad he had finally arrived. I could now look forward to many old favorites: rolling over in bed, breathing, eating cookie dough, fitting into my clothes, & someday enjoying a nice frozen margarita!

Jefferson Paul & Mason Paul: 1st photo
Our first family photo & my first time to hold Mason

Grandpa Bubba & "Grandma"


The nurses at Providence were ALL wonderful. Jessica was our L&D nurse & Sarah was our 'support' nurse. Sarah brought the jokes to help distract & entertain us between contractions. She also used to babysit me growing up & set Jeff & I up on a blind date back in 2005.
Uncle Keith
Aunt Lindsey

Exhausted, anemic, medicated lady holding the baby (hopefully she was being monitored!)
Uncle Jordan
Getting dressed for the first time




No comments:

Post a Comment